I found this inspiring so I thought I would share not only the video, but also my answers to the question. What would I have told myself about motherhood to ease my anticipation. Probably something like this:
- Don't try to do this alone. Ask for help. You will need it.
- You won't really understand your baby gear until you start using it.
- You are the right person for this job. You will know that when you see your baby.
- Being scared is part of the process. Realizing that it is not so scary is part of the joy.
- It will be beautiful. The whole process, from top to bottom, will be beautiful.
- You will be covered in bodily fluids more than you thought possible. You won't mind so much.
- You can't make everything in his world safe and happy but hopefully he will love you for trying.
- You will wake up in the middle of the night and poke him to make sure he is okay.
- You will love his daddy even more for the father that he will be.
- You will understand and appreciate your own mother more than ever once you are a mother.
- Email, shmemail. Work can wait. Stare at him. Just take the time to stare at him.
Fellow mommies and daddies, what are your answers to this question? Please share in the comments section.