Nic, age-four-and a-half, has a nasty bug. He’s been lazing about the house with a fever all day. As unhappy as Nic has been, Z has been in heaven since I declared this a “Sick Day.” That’s because although Z feels fine, he still gets to enjoy all of the sick day indulgences his brother is getting. It’s too hard to tell Z “no” when he sees brother getting the good stuff. Here are Z’s favorite sick day perks:
10. Unlimited juice.
9. Unlimited TV shows.
8. Unlimited iPad/LeapPad time.
7. Being brother’s “nurse” by bringing him juice and snacks for Mommy.
6. Cookies for morning snack.
5. Ice cream for afternoon snack.
4. Not having to be loaded into the car for preschool drop off and pick up.
3. Jumping on brother’s bed while he’s asleep on the couch.
2. Mommy’s undivided attention for playing cars or building train tracks.
1. Brother is too sick to wrestle or steal toys.