I talk a lot of nonsense to my children. It's more than just silly baby-talk. I'm talking about ridiculous old inside jokes and pop culture references that make no sense but make me laugh.
I'm sure we all do it. Here are a few particularly ludicrous things I say from time to time.
- "I read you Mrs. Esterhouse! Loud and clear!" I say this when my daughter is getting cranky. It's a line from Caddyshack II.
- "Keep your eye on the fruit!" Another Caddyshack II gem that I use when spooning in the baby food.
- "Somebody stop me!" I say this when I am attacking my kids' cheeks with kisses. It's a line from The Mask.
- "You ain't got no hair, Lieutenant Dan!" I say this when I'm combing my bald baby's head. It's a variation of a line from Forrest Gump.
- "Pants? Where we're going, we don't need pants!" My husband says this to my son when he gets him dressed. It's a variation of a line from Back To The Future.
- "Not so good, Al!" I say this when I drop something or something else silly happens. It's a line from the Weezer video Buddy Holly.
These things are dumb and nonsensical but they amuse me. What are the favorite nonsensical one-liners in your house??