When I look at your smiling face, I see sunshine, happiness and love. Cheesy sounding I know, but it’s much different than your expressions as a baby where you weren’t too happy a lot of the time. I’m happy to find that it was a phase. You’re turning 19 months tomorrow. How did that happen? How did you get to be a little big boy? I cherish your hugs and hearing you say, “MA-MA” which has been your favorite word for a few months now. LOVE that! What else are doing now?
- I love seeing your little signs. It’s so cute seeing you put your fingers to your mouth to signal that you’re hungry (which is A LOT.) You’re other favorite sign is “more” and you even know please.
- You LOVE to eat. It’s your favorite activity after chasing after your sister and playing outside. You’re great with your fork and spoon and you’ve bringing drinking out of glasses for a few months (and prefer it.) You’re neat like your daddy. You often bring your plate to me when you’re done without even asking. You know to sit down right when we come in the door to take your shoes off.
- Obviously you like to do everything your sister does which is how you got to where you are with your table skills. You love copying her every move from climbing the side of the stairs to playing tea party. If she eats in her little chair, you want to eat at yours. If she gets an ice cream, you’re right behind her in line waiting for yours. Like her, you love getting excited about things and are so happy to feed off other’s happiness. You guys are two peas in a pod.
- You love to get last snuggles and a rock with mama before bed. Your sweet sissy comes in and sings you a sweet lullaby usually to the tune of, “Rock-a-bye Reidie in the tree top…and then makes up a bunch of words.”
- Your favorite book hands down is brown bear, brown bear. You can’t get enough. You’re actually pretty content with books. Close seconds are DOGS and MOO. You love grabbing a book and bringing it over and plopping on my or dada’s lap.
- Your favorite animals are our cat Lucy – you pet her so gently and get all excited when you see her; any dog – you can hardly stand still waiting for them to be close enough to pet; and ducks. You love saying “quack, quack”.
- First thing the in morning you’re usually screaming “Mama” from your crib. I pick you up, we go downstairs and you scream when I put you down because you want breakfast ASAP! I have basically three minutes to get whatever I can find on your plate. You usually have three breakfasts. Two helpings and then another when Elle finally wakes up and comes down for breakfast.
- You LOVE going outside. You don’t even have to go anywhere. Just being outside makes your soul smile. You can just tell. It does help to take you for a stroll though. You’re eager to ride a bike like your sister and it won’t be long. You’re now running and can even jump a little bit. It’s so cute!
- You make little sounds with your toys. You love to say, “choo choo” with your train or brrrrrrrr with airplanes or cars.
- Your sissy is so proud you are her baby brother. She tells everyone we meet, “This is my baby brother” or “I have a baby brother.” She gives you big hugs and loves to climb in your crib with you. You don’t sleep too well with her in there though. She loves to play chase with you and she loves doing things big sisters do like telling you names of things to learn and putting mommy’s lipstick on you. And she loves dressing you up!
- Most people thing you are a girl. With you pretty blonde curls and southern shortalls who can blame them? Or maybe it’s just too cute to be a boy? Whatever the reason, I quickly correct them and feel my heart swell that you’re my little boy.
- I love picking you up from your crib in the morning or from your nap. You always have a big, sleepy look on your face with your hair crazy sticking up in all directions with curls at the back. I pick you up, give you a squeeze and you set me on course for our mission: usually downstairs and food.
You’re doing so many new things every day. Daddy, Elle and I are so thankful and grateful you are in our family. We are excited to see what’s to come!